Reports to Watch
The week is full of key economic data from a variety of sectors.
- Economic data kicks off on Tuesday with the release of Personal Income and Personal Spending, the inflation reading Personal Consumption Expenditures and Consumer Confidence.
- Manufacturing data from the regional Chicago PMI will be delivered Wednesday followed by the national ISM Index on Thursday.
- Pending Home Sales will be released on Wednesday along with the Fed’s Beige Book.
- Thursday ushers in the first of two key labor market reports with the ADP National Employment Report of private payrolls along with weekly Initial Jobless Claims and Productivity.
- On Friday, the May Jobs Report will be released which includes Non-farm Payrolls and the Unemployment Rate.
Job – a paid position of regular employment.
Job data will be in the spotlight this week with the release of the ADP National Employment Report of private payrolls and the government’s Non-farm Payrolls. Last month, job growth resumed with 211,000 new positions created after the anemic 79,000 created in March.
In order for the economy to improve and sustain momentum, job growth has to continue and Americans must feel secure in their employment positions. If that occurs, then consumers will spend and the economy will grow.
For more detailed information and insight, view the Economic Calendar, the Daily Market Update and Guidance, and our exclusive Market News. And don’t forget, you can easily download the Economic Calendar to your Outlook Calendar to make sure you don’t miss important economic releases. Just click here to read instructions for downloading to Outlook.