Reports to Watch
The week is full of key economic data from a variety of sectors.
- Pending Home Sales kick off the week Monday.
- Manufacturing data releases start Monday as well with the regional Chicago PMI report followed by the ISM Index on Tuesday.
- Also on Tuesday, the Fed’s favorite inflation gauge will be released in Core Personal Consumption Expenditures along with Personal Income and Personal Spending.
- The ISM Services Index will be released Thursday.
- Employment data is plentiful, starting with Wednesday’s release of the ADP National Employment Report, Thursday’s release of weekly Initial Jobless Claims and Friday’s Jobs Report for July, which includes Non-farm Payrolls and the Unemployment Rate.
Clearly this week’s X Factor lies in the Jobs Report for July. This economic report is the most closely watched and will be scrutinized by Federal Reserve members as well as traders and investors around the globe.
Within the report, Non-farm Payrolls will garner the most attention when the numbers are released at 8:30 a.m. ET. The labor market continues to strengthen and has averaged 180,000 new positions each month in 2017. In June, 222,000 jobs were created.
Both Stock and Bond prices will have an immediate reaction to the Jobs Report, with a big number favoring the equity markets and vice versa.
As always, stay tuned to Mortgage Market Guide for the numbers, market reaction and guidance leading up to the release.
For more detailed information and insight, view the Economic Calendar, the Daily Market Update and Guidance, and our exclusive Market News. And don’t forget, you can easily download the Economic Calendar to your Outlook Calendar to make sure you don’t miss important economic releases. Just click here to read instructions for downloading to Outlook.