Should you have to leave your home on a moments notice for whatever natural disaster may occur in your area, are you prepared? Following are a few tips and a list of some of the suggested items you should have ready to go:
- Water and food – at least 2 bottles of water per family member. Snack bars.
- Waterproof map – Don’t expect to have internet or phone service should you get lost and you’ll need to conserve on your cell battery.
- Cash in small bills – $1 and $5 bills. Card cards will be useless if the electricity/internet is down.
- Copies of important documents – driver’s license, passport, bank account numbers, homeowners insurance policy
- Sturdy backpack or rolling suitcase
- Batteries and flashlight
- Portable cell phone charger
- Gloves and goggles
- Change of clothing
- Extra eye glasses or contacts
- Toilet paper
- Duct tape as you can use this to fix just about anything!
- Pet supplies
Share items that should be added to this list below!